The Arab Spring … "drove up gas prices."
"Bin Laden had declared war against Pakistan."
"By the end of this decade, the interest we owe on our debt could rise to nearly $1 trillion."
"Oil production from federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico reached an all-time high" in 2010.
The White House budget plan will bring domestic discretionary spending to its lowest share of our economy since Dwight Eisenhower was president.
"The Republican leader of the Senate said his main goal after this election is simply to win the next one."
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag