Democrat from Massachusetts
Elizabeth Warren is a U.S. Senator from Massachusetts. A former Harvard law professor, she ran against Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass. in 2012. In 2008, she headed an oversight panel for Congress' Troubled Asset Relief Program, better known by its acronym, TARP. Warren helped create the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which she oversaw as an interim director. Born in Oklahoma City in 1949, Warren moved to Massachusetts in 1995 with her husband Bruce Mann, also a Harvard law professor. She has a daughter, Amelia, and a son, Alex.
Recent statements involving Elizabeth Warren
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to email@example.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag