Democrat from Massachusetts
Elizabeth Warren is a U.S. Senator from Massachusetts. A former Harvard law professor, she ran against Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass. in 2012. In 2008, she headed an oversight panel for Congress' Troubled Asset Relief Program, better known by its acronym, TARP. Warren helped create the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which she oversaw as an interim director. Born in Oklahoma City in 1949, Warren moved to Massachusetts in 1995 with her husband Bruce Mann, also a Harvard law professor. She has a daughter, Amelia, and a son, Alex.
Recent statements involving Elizabeth Warren
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag