Republican from Massachusetts
Eric Fehrnstrom is a former Boston Herald political reporter and state house bureau chief who later became assistant state treasurer in Massachusetts. After a stint as a private-sector consultant, Fehrnstrom took a senior position with the presidential campaign of Mitt Romney.
Recent statements involving Eric Fehrnstrom
Recent stories featuring Eric Fehrnstrom
PolitiFact has often noted that economists say governors have a small effect their state's economy. For better or worse, the same thing was true when Mitt Romney was governor of Massachusetts.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag