Grover Norquist is president of Americans for Tax Reform, a group he founded in 1985 to advocate for a tax system in which taxes are simpler, flatter, more visible, and lower than they are today. Its flagship program is the Taxpayer Protection Pledge, which it began promoting in 1986 and expanded to the state level in 1990. Those who sign on to the pledge commit to oppose any effort to increase income taxes on individuals or businesses. Norquist also serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association of America, the American Conservative Union and The Nixon Center.
Recent statements involving Grover Norquist
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag