The five Taliban detainees being released from Guantanamo in exchange for captured Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl "are the hardest of the hard-core. These are the highest high-risk people."
As a Congressman, J.D. Hayworth was an avid earmarker who supported such pork as "$220,000 to renovate a Maine Blueberry farm" and "$5.8 million for a Vermont snowmobile trail."
"It (Georgia) was one of the earliest Christian nations. The king of then-Georgia in the third century converted to Christianity."
"Obama never held a single Senate hearing on Afghanistan."
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag