Republican from Michigan
Pete Hoekstra is a former congressman and was the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee. He did not seek re-election in 2010, choosing instead to pursue the Republican gubernatorial nomination in Michigan that year, finishing second to now-Gov. Rick Snyder. During the 2012 campaign cycle, he is seeking to unseat incumbent Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow.
Recent statements involving Pete Hoekstra
"Since ObamaCare and the stimulus passed, the unemployment rate in the U.S. has increased."
"Yes, this would be the same congressman (Rep. Pete Hoekstra) who last year Tweeted the whereabouts of a top-secret mission to Iraq."
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag