The whole story behind the burned Bibles
By Robert Farley
Published on Monday, May 18th, 2009 at 7:14 p.m.
Gordon James Klingenschmitt of the Pray in Jesus' Name Project, a former U.S. Navy chaplain, took out an advertisement in Human Events , a conservative publication, with the headline, "BREAKING NEWS: Pentagon Burns Soldiers Bibles - Military Chaplains Attacked."
The story begins, "The Pentagon under the Obama Administration has just acknowledged seizing and burning the privately owned Bibles of American soldiers serving in Afghanistan."
See item for sources.
Researchers: Robert Farley
Names in this article: Pray in Jesus Name Project
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag