Achtung, baby! Bono mixes up foreign aid stats
By Robert Farley
Published on Friday, October 30th, 2009 at 5:46 p.m.
In a recent interview with the Associated Press, the reporter asked U2's frontman/political activist Bono what he thought about President Barack Obama with regard to funding the fight against AIDS in Africa.
Talking politics put Bono in our wheelhouse, and so we decided to check him on the Truth-O-Meter. Things quickly got tricky when Bono interchanged two different funding issues in his comment: global HIV/AIDS relief and foreign aid . Read our complete item to find out why we rated his remarks Half True.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag