By Angie Drobnic Holan
Published on Tuesday, April 13th, 2010 at 4:43 p.m.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declined to answer a "what if?" question on ABC News' This Week, saying she didn't like those kinds of questions.
"I don't answer hypotheticals," Clinton said.
Politicians often say that, but they'll answer them when it's in their political interest. We couldn't resist delving into the record to see if Clinton never answered hypotheticals.
Read our full report; we rated Clinton's statement Half True.
See item for full sources.
Researchers: Angie Drobnic Holan
Names in this article: Hillary Clinton
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag