Democrats' health care bill: Job killer or job creator?
By Catharine Richert
Published on Monday, March 8th, 2010 at 6:49 p.m.
There's a stark partisan split on whether health care reform will create jobs or eliminate them. We sorted through the evidence to rate a statement from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
"It's about jobs," she said. "In its life [health care reform] will create 4 million jobs, 400,000 jobs almost immediately." Read our complete analysis to find out why we rated this Half True.
See item for complete sources.
Researchers: Catharine Richert
Names in this article: Nancy Pelosi
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag