Obama flip flop on oil drilling? Not so fast.
By Catharine Richert
Published on Wednesday, March 31st, 2010 at 6:06 p.m.
President Barack Obama announced today that he will open up new coastal areas to oil production. So we put him on the Flip-O-Meter.
We reviewed all the evidence of the 2008 campaign and concluded that he hadn't changed position, so we rated him No Flip. Surprised? Read the evidence in our full report.
See item for complete sources.
Researchers: Catharine Richert
Names in this article: Barack Obama
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag