Checking Obama's claim about stimulus projects
By Bill Adair
Published on Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 at 11:51 a.m.
When we heard President Barack Obama say on 60 Minutes on Sunday that "most" stimulus projects had come in under budget, and faster than expected, we wondered if that was true.
So we called our colleagues at ProPublica, who have done extensive work on the stimulus, and dug into the facts. We found Obama was stretching the facts and have published our findings on ProPublica and in this Truth-O-Meter item.
See Truth-O-Meter item.
Researchers: Bill Adair
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag