Ruh-roh! PolitiFact New Jersey on the Colbert Report!
By Bill Adair
Published on Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.
Stephen Colbert highlighted PolitiFact New Jersey's fact-check of Chris Christie on the Colbert Report on Tuesday night.
Referring to the in-depth (but tongue-in-cheek!) fact-check of Christie's claim that he watched Scooby Doo when he was 4, Colbert said "a new scandal has exploded that could derail Christie's ambitions. He was recently caught on tape blatantly lying to one of his constituents about his past."
You can read PolitiFact New Jersey's fact-check here.
You can see Colbert's segment here.
See Truth-O-Meter item
Researchers: Bill Adair
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag