Fact-checking Chris Christie on the 'Late Show with David Letterman'
By Bill Wichert
Published on Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 at 2:52 p.m.
In between pulling doughnuts out of his pockets, Gov. Chris Christie talked about federal aid for Hurricane Sandy victims during his appearance Monday on the "Late Show with David Letterman."
The late-night host questioned whether delays in securing Sandy aid could have happened at any point.
"It didn’t happen eight years ago," Christie told Letterman. "I mean, in Katrina, they approved $60 billion within 10 days of the storm on a voice vote."
See individual fact-check for complete sources.
Researchers: Bill Wichert
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag