Who got nominees faster? Obama or Bush?
By Jon Greenberg
Published on Friday, July 19th, 2013 at 9:18 a.m.
Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., appeared on NBC’s Meet the Press where he argued that President Barack Obama’s track record on getting his nominees confirmed has been pretty good.
"What is the problem here? ... He’s getting them faster than President Bush was at the same time in his second term," McConnell said.
Actually, our analysis showed the opposite is true; McConnell apparently left a key qualifier out of his statement. We rated the statement False. Read our full report for the details.
See fact-check for full sources.
Researchers: Jon Greenberg
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag