Mobile Truth-O-Meter, 99 cents till Tuesday
By Becky Bowers
Published on Thursday, March 27th, 2014 at 9:43 a.m.
When March ends, so does your chance to save a buck on our app for your tablet or phone.
Last big election season, the reviews came in:
"What a great way to cut through the verbal garbage politicians and others throw at us everyday! I especially like the ‘Chain Email’ section. Now I can reply to whoever sends these to me with links that give THEM the ‘real story.’ Calm down guys, no one is really thinking seriously about taking ‘in God we trust’ off our money…"
"I love this app. I love the red button. I push it when I hear a lie, and it makes me laugh. I like knowing what is true and what is made up. It is so hard to tell when politicians and talk show hosts bend the truth or tell outright lies and expect people to believe them. PANTS ON FIRE!!!!"
"This should be on everyone's mobile electronic device! Informative, nonpartisan, excellent information. Very timely, with the election coming up. But good information to have as an American citizen any time!"
"If you care about politics, buy the app."
You get the same award-winning reporting and politician report cards that power our site, plus:
• The Truth Index – It’s like the Dow Jones Industrial Average of truth, a daily index that shows the ups and downs of all of our Truth-O-Meter rulings.
• The Truth-O-Meter Tally – An interactive feature that allows you to compare Truth-O-Meter rulings by subject. Are there more falsehoods in claims about health care or the economy?
• The Flip-O-Meter Tally – A running tally that shows the latest count for Half Flips and Full Flops.
• An email feature — It allows you to send your favorite Truth-O-Meter items to friends and co-workers.
• A Pants on Fire button — Press the button, hear the satisfying "Pants on Fire!" siren. It’s our favorite couch companion for speeches and debates.
On Tuesday, it returns to its regular price of $1.99. So grab it now! When November rolls around, you’ll feel extra smart.
PolitiFact, "Wired magazine names PolitiFact an 'essential app,’" Dec. 6, 2012
Wired, "5 Apps for Election Day," Nov. 5, 2012
Computerworld, "Election fever: 6 mobile apps that can keep you informed," Feb. 10, 2012
Researchers: Becky Bowers
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag