Health care reform links discussed on RadioWest
Posted by Angie Drobnic Holan :: Published on Monday, March 15th, 2010 at 02:59 p.m.
Staff reporter Angie Drobnic Holan discussed health care reform on the RadioWest show on March 15, 2010.
Here's a list of links to some of the stories talked about on the show.
• Health care reform, a simple explanation: We explain the basics of the latest health care reform plan.
• GOP health care reform, a simple explanation: We examine Republican proposals and how they differ from the Democratic plans.
• Sen. Lamar Alexander on Medicaid: How Medicaid works, who will be eligible under the new plan, how many doctors take Medicaid.
• President Barack Obama on the deficit: Obama said health reform would reduce the deficit by $1 trillion over 20 years.
• Obama on the individual mandate: He used to oppose it; now he supports it.
• Nancy Pfotenhauer on millions losing their insurance under the plan: We rated it Pants on Fire.
• Rep. Bart Stupak on abortion: We lay out the details on a complicated issue.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag