Deleting duplication on the Obameter
Posted by Bill Adair :: Published on Thursday, December 20th, 2012 at 02:18 p.m.
As we continue wrapping up our work on the 2008 Obameter promises, we found a duplication.
President Barack Obama’s promise to "restore 24-month limit on cumulative Guard and Reserve deployment time" is contained within another of his promises: to "limit Guard and Reserve deployments to one year for every six years."
We’re deleting the first promise on guard deployments; our reporting in the second one addresses the issue of cumulative limits on deployments.
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag