"You know we can't just pull out now... The truth of the matter is: If we started today, it would take one year, one year to get 160,000 troops physically out of Iraq, logistically."
Joe Biden on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 in CNN/YouTube debate in Charleston, S.C.
Biden right: No fast way out.
Published: Monday, August 27th, 2007 at 12:00 a.m.
Sources:Inteview with James Dobbins, director, International Security and Defense Policy Center, RAND Corp. Interview with Anthony Cordesman, defense policy expert, Center for Strategic and International Studies. Iraq Pullout Could Create Chaos, McClatchy Newspapers Army Lt. Gen. Ray Odierno, Pentagon briefing
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag