The State of the Union address -- and Joni Ernst's Republican response -- were some of the biggest draws in January for PolitiFact readers.
Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, recalled wearing bread bags to keep her shoes dry when growing up in rural Iowa. This prompted a flood of memories by PolitiFact readers. Here are recollections from those who did much the same -- and some who didn't.
Republicans put forward freshman Sen. Joni Ernst to respond to the State of the Union. She started with a childhood memory that got people talking.
Barack Obama's 2015 State of the Union address: annotated
Joni Ernst's 2015 State of the Union rebuttal: annotated
All of our fact-checks from the State of the Union and reactions
The U.S. Senate race in Iowa is becoming one of the nation's most pivotal races for determining the chamber's balance of power in 2015. Here's a look at some of the claims at issue in the race.
• The Colorado U.S. Senate race: the fact-checks so far
• The Alaska U.S. Senate race: the fact-checks so far
• The Arkansas U.S. Senate race: the fact-checks so far
Democrats love to say that Republicans support tax breaks that promote outsourcing, but that claim is misleading.
• Welcome to a new look for PolitiFact
• Our video shows you key elements of PolitiFact's redesign