Democrat from Illinois
Arne Duncan is the U.S. Secretary of Education. Prior to his appointment as secretary of education, Duncan was chief executive officer of the Chicago Public Schools.
Recent statements involving Arne Duncan
"In this country, we have a 25 percent dropout rate."
Recent stories featuring Arne Duncan
Our checks of claims about class sizes in Texas and Rick Perry’s hometown lacking a ZIP code drew many reader comments. We share a few.
With $830 million in federal education aid poised to flow into the state, the Perry-O-Meter tilted to Promise Kept on a pledge by the Texas governor to work with the U.S. Education Department to secure that money for schools.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag