U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., answers questions on "Fox News Sunday" on March 9, 2014.
Discussions covered a missing Malaysian airliner, the Conservative Political Action Conference and continuing turmoil in Ukraine.
A scorecard separating fact from fiction
"When I talk about (raising the) minimum wage ... half of Republicans agree with it."
Promise: Double American exports over the next five years
Promise: Create a new trade enforcement unit that will address China's trade practices
Promise: Oppose efforts to privatize Social Security
Promise: Create a new tax credit for companies that bring jobs to the United States from overseas
Promise: Create a veterans job corps
Says "Bill Clinton and George Bush both say build the Keystone XL."
Need the Truth when you’re on the go? Our PolitiFact Mobile app is now optimized for the new iOs 7 on your iPhone or ...
PunditFact.com needs an editor as cool as the idea and that’s Aaron Sharockman.
Aaron will be the PunditFact editor, charting a course for ...
More fact-checking -- especially at the state and local level -- could make politicians think twice before they decide to stretch the truth. That’s the interesting ...
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
PolitiFact is a project of the Tampa Bay Times to help you find the truth in American politics. Reporters and editors from the Times fact-check statements by members of Congress, the White House, lobbyists and interest groups and rate them on our Truth-O-Meter:
TRUE – The statement is accurate and there’s nothing significant missing.
MOSTLY TRUE – The statement is accurate but needs clarification or additional information.
HALF TRUE – The statement is partially accurate but leaves out important details or takes things out of context.
MOSTLY FALSE – The statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression.
FALSE – The statement is not accurate.
PANTS ON FIRE – The statement is not accurate and makes a ridiculous claim.
For more details, see the Principles of PolitiFact and the Truth-O-Meter.
To find out more about PolitiFact and the Times, see Who Pays for PolitiFact.
Get the Truth-O-Meter on your smartphone and tablet
PolitiFact Mobile is a full-featured app that features our national fact-checking.
Settle It! PolitiFact's Argument Ender is a free app that allows you to look up claims and play our weekly quiz.
The Obameter is following more than 500 promises made by President Barack Obama in the 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns.
The latest from the Obameter
Beyond the Truth-O-Meter
Fact-checking around the Web
- Wisconsin — With his proposal to cut income and property taxes, Scott Walker is "increasing the state deficit at a time when borrowing is already at record levels." — We Are Wisconsin
- Rhode Island — Under a bill before the legislature, "you’d have to go to court to fire an employee." — Kenneth Block
- PunditFact — On Syria, "a lot of the allies signed on. At the last minute, Obama backed off." — Dick Cheney
- New Hampshire — On delaying a health care mandate on business. — Ann McLane Kuster
- Florida — About half the people who would qualify for Medicaid expansion in Florida "can buy a health care plan for $30 a month" on the federal health care exchange. — Will Weatherford
Keep up to date with PolitiFact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag