Rush Limbaugh said the Obama administration planned the influx of children across the U.S.-Mexico border. Pants on Fire!
Rush Limbaugh's claim about the Obama administration planning the influx of children across the border came out Pants on Fire!
A scorecard separating fact from fiction
"Latinos now make up the majority population in Texas."
Says children are coming into the U.S. in "staggering numbers" because President Barack Obama "has been promising amnesty."
We want to hear your suggestions and comments. Email the Texas Truth-O-Meter with feedback and with claims you'd like to see checked. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
PolitiFact Texas is a partnership of the Austin American-Statesman and PolitiFact.com, a Pulitzer Prize-winning Web site of the Tampa Bay Times, to help you find the truth in politics.
Every day, reporters and researchers from the American-Statesman examine statements by Texas elected officials and candidates and anyone else who speaks up on matters of public importance. We research their statements and then rate the accuracy on our Truth-O-Meter:
TRUE – The statement is accurate and there’s nothing significant missing.
MOSTLY TRUE – The statement is accurate but needs clarification or additional information.
HALF TRUE – The statement is partially accurate but leaves out important details or takes things out of context.
MOSTLY FALSE – The statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression.
FALSE – The statement is not accurate.
PANTS ON FIRE – The statement is not accurate and makes a ridiculous claim.
For more details, see the Principles of PolitiFact and the Truth-O-Meter.
Tracking the promises of Rick Perry
The latest from the Perry-O-Meter
- Group files criminal complaint against Ken Paxton
- Insurers owe millions in refunds to Texas policyholders
- Texas lawmaker seeks to block approval of new form of betting
- Lawmakers wrangle over state’s incentives policies
- Can brush control program enhance water supplies?
- Conflicting court rulings could affect Texans’ ACA policies
- Perry to deploy National Guard to Mexican border
- Ethics agency slaps Michael Quinn Sullivan with max fine
- Perry deploys Guard to border, will ask Washington to pay later
- Gov. Perry to deploy up to 1,000 Texas National Guard troops to border
- A tax plan promoted by North Carolina Senate candidate Thom Tillis will "overwhelmingly benefit the wealthy." — Patriot Majority USA
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit compared the health care law to buying a pepperoni and ham pizza from Domino's or Pizza Hut. — Debbie Wasserman Schultz
- "There were 36 states where Republicans who were in charge refused to implement a state (health insurance) exchange." — Debbie Wasserman Schultz
- "We've recovered (from the recession) faster and come farther than almost any other advanced country on Earth." — Barack Obama
- Says a new report shows the "devastating tax hikes (in the health care law) will have on middle-class Kentuckians." — Mitch McConnell