Democrat from Massachusetts
Ernest Moniz served in as the associate director for Science in the Office of Science and Technology Policy in the Executive Office of President Bill Clinton from 1995 to 1997 and in the U.S. Department of Energy, serving as Under Secretary of Energy, from 1997 to 2001. He joined the faculty of Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1973, serving as Head of the Department of Physics from 1991 to 1995 and as director of the Bates Linear Accelerator Center. He also co-chairs the MIT research council.
Recent statements involving Ernest Moniz
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag