Republican from Mississippi
Republican Governor of Mississippi, chairman of the Republican Governors Association and a former lobbyist.
Recent statements involving Haley Barbour
When he took office in 2009, President Barack Obama "had the biggest Democratic majorities in Congress since Lyndon Johnson."
Recent stories featuring Haley Barbour
Haley Barbour says Obama wanted to "cram" the health care bill through Congress in less time than it took the president to select a dog. We do the math to see if Barbour is right.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag