Democrat from California
Laura Tyson chaired the Council of Economic Advisers and the National Economic Council under President Bill Clinton. She is currently a professor at the Haas School of Business at the University of California (Berkeley).
Recent statements involving Laura Tyson
"Unemployment for those with college educations is now 4.5 percent. Unemployment for those with more than a college education, below 4 percent."
Recent stories featuring Laura Tyson
We check claims from a Democrat and a Republican who appeared on ABC's "This Week.''
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag