Robert Gates is the U.S. Secretary of Defense. He was first appointed by President George W. Bush in 2006 and was named to remain office by President Barack Obama in 2009.
Recent statements involving Robert Gates
Recent stories featuring Robert Gates
In an in-depth investigation, we take a deep dive into the congressional record and newspaper archives to fact-check former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, whose new memoir is highly critical of Vice President Joe Biden’s foreign policy record.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag