Democrat from New York
Sonia Sotomayor is a justice on the U.S. Supreme Court. She was President Barack Obama’s first Supreme Court nominee, and was confirmed by the Senate in 2009 to fill the seat of retiring Justice David Souter.
Recent statements involving Sonia Sotomayor
Recent stories featuring Sonia Sotomayor
A left-leaning group says Republican Congressman Adam Putnam was silent after Rush Limbaugh called Sonia Sotomayor a racist. Actually, Putnam spoke up.
We check two statements on Sonia Sotomayor as her confirmation hearings begin.
We've created a special page where you can see all of our Truth-O-Meter items on the Sotomayor nomination.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag