Timothy Geithner is the current U.S. Secretary of Treasury, having been appointed by President Barack Obama to that position in 2009. Prior to that, Geithner was the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
Recent statements involving Timothy Geithner
"Secretary Geithner has left the option on the table" of abandoning the dollar for a multinational currency.
Recent stories featuring Timothy Geithner
A Minnesota congresswoman suggests incorrectly that the treasury secretary wants to dump the dollar.
Treasury nominee Timothy Geithner's tax errors will be front and center at his confirmation hearings. We separate the facts from the fiction.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag