Republican from Oklahoma
Tom Coburn is the U.S. Senator from Oklahoma and a physician.
Recent statements involving Tom Coburn
"Oregon is spending $10 million advertising Obamacare with ads that don’t even mention the program and how to enroll in it" and that don’t "mention the word ‘insurance.’"
"The government's twice the size it was 10 years ago. It's 30 percent bigger than it was when (Barack) Obama became president."
Recent stories featuring Tom Coburn
The debt ceiling debate appears to be slouching toward a conclusion -- at least for now. We look back at some of the fact-checks that PolitiFact and its state affiliates have done on the issue.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag