TV ad uses gun votes as ammunition
By Molly Moorhead
Published on Thursday, May 16th, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte saw her poll numbers drop after she voted against a proposal to expand background checks on gun sales. Now coming to her rescue is Marco Rubio’s Reclaim America PAC. The Florida senator’s group is out with an ad that says Ayotte "voted to fix background checks."
See factcheck for complete sources.
Researchers: Molly Moorhead
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag