The PolitiFact report card on Gov. Rick Perry
By Bill Adair
Published on Saturday, August 13th, 2011 at 9:19 a.m.
No one in Texas politics has faced the Truth-O-Meter more than Rick Perry. But when he speaks, the meter often goes red: he's earned more False and Pants on Fire ratings (14 and 7) than Trues (10).
The new presidential candidate has fared well on the Perry-O-Meter, which rates the fulfillment of campaign promises. To date, a dozen promises have been rated Kept, three as Broken. But watch for a rating soon on his repeated vow not to run for president.
PolitiFact Texas takes an in-depth look at his record in this report.
Researchers: Bill Adair
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag