Democrat from California
Steven Chu is the current Secretary of Energy in the administration of President Barack Obama. He is a Nobel Prize winner for physics, and was formerly the director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Recent statements involving Steven Chu
Recent stories featuring Steven Chu
Steven Chu did call for boosting U.S. gas prices to "the levels in Europe." But this happened before he became energy secretary, when Barack Obama was campaigning for president. Chu had no ties to Obama at the time.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag