Oddly specific, unrealistic number
"The Kochs stand to make around $100 billion if the government approves the Keystone XL pipeline."
At least they didn't confuse her with Loretta Lynn
Loretta Lynch, the new nominee for attorney general, "was a member of Bill Clinton's defense team during the 1992 Whitewater corruption probe."
Maybe when Trump travels, but not Obama
Says President Barack Obama’s recent New York fundraising trip "cost between $25 million and $50 million."
Truth is the best disinfectant for this rumor
"According to a government supplier of emergency products, the Disaster Assistance Response Team was told to be prepared to be activated in the month of October for an outbreak of Ebola."
The distortion here is what Huber claims Feeding America said
William Benson Huber
The non-profit group Feeding America is lying when it claims "that one in five kids is fighting starvation daily" in the United States.
20 years later, still no
"Super Bowl Sunday has the highest rate of domestic violence."
An old claim, recycled
A flight from Atlanta to Houston was canceled due to a "terrorist dry run."
A wild, outdated claim
"McDonald’s hamburgers are only 15 percent ‘real beef.’ The other 85 percent is meat filler cleansed with ammonia, which causes stomach and intestinal cancer."
'Operation Hornet's Nest' is a conspiracy rabbit hole
Documents released by Edward Snowden reveal that American, British and Israeli intelligence agencies worked together to create the Islamic State.
Deceptive, also wrong
"Far more children died last year drowning in their bathtubs than were killed accidentally by guns."
Not the chief's wife
The wife of the Ferguson, Mo., police chief said African-Americans in Ferguson "are feral and violent."
Not a New World Order plot
Says George Soros and Bill Gates are funding a bioweapons lab in Sierra Leone that caused the Ebola outbreak.
A claim inoculated against facts
President Barack Obama’s latest executive order "mandates the apprehension and detention of Americans who merely show signs of ‘respiratory illness.’ "
A stat pulled out of thin air
Women "own just 1 percent of the world’s land."
That'd be a pretty awesome power, if it actually existed
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau "passed a rule giving the agency unprecedented power to shut down businesses, no matter what the reason, at any time it wishes."
Then delivers conspiracy theory
"I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I never allow conspiracy theorists on my program."
'A profound mischaracterization of human nature'
"We know how to stop AIDS: persuade men not to have sex with men."
Red card time
"North Korea is telling its people that their men’s national team is in the World Cup final."
An old myth that keeps circulating
Fox News is "banned in Canada" because it violates a law that "prevents ‘news’ channels from lying to their viewers."
A wrong stat made even more wrong
"In the last three years alone, 13 times, the Supreme Court, unanimously, 9-0, including all of the president's liberal picks, have struck down the president's executive orders."
© 2014 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South • St. Petersburg, FL 33701 • 727-893-8111
About PolitiFact | Contact Us | Advertise