Obama pledges electronic health records for vets
By Angie Drobnic Holan
Published on Thursday, April 9th, 2009 at 5:44 p.m.
President Barack Obama appeared with his secretaries of Defense and Veterans Affairs on April 9, 2009, to pledge support for the creation of electronic health records that would cover troops "from the day they first enlist to the day that they are laid to rest." We move the Obameter on Promise No. 115, Institute electronic record-keeping for the Veterans Benefits Administration, from No Action to In the Works. Read our complete item .
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag