Chiropractor ditches patient over chain e-mail
By Angie Drobnic Holan
Published on Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 at 6:57 p.m.
Remember the long chain e-mail we checked that's supposed to be a line-by-line analysis of health care reform?
Our colleagues at the St. Petersburg Times report that it sparked a doctor-patient breakup in Hernando County.
A chiropractor there printed out the chain e-mail and left it in the waiting room for his patients to read. One of the patients saw it and hit the roof. Words were exchanged, feelings got hurt. Read the newspaper's full report .
Meanwhile, here's a link to our full-length analysis of the chain e-mail , which was first published July 30.
See individual items for sources.
Researchers: Angie Drobnic Holan
Names in this article: Chain email
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to email@example.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag