We add the public option to the Obameter
By Angie Drobnic Holan
Published on Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 at 6:58 p.m.
This week, alert readers asked us how we were rating President Barack Obama's stance on the public option. That's a promise, right? they asked.
Well, no. We looked in our Obameter database for a promise on the public option and couldn't find one.
We are now adding a promise on the public option to our database. But make no mistake: The public option was rarely debated or even mentioned on the campaign trail. Read our update to find out more, as well as to learn what we rated it .
See update for sources
Researchers: Angie Drobnic Holan
Names in this article: Barack Obama
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag