The winter of discontent for Obama's poll numbers
Conservative Karl Rove kicked off a list of complaints about President Barack Obama with this statement: "Barack Obama has won a place in history with the worst ratings of any president at the end of his first year: 49 percent approve and 46 percent disapprove of his job performance in the latest USA Today/Gallup Poll."
We checked the historical record and found that Rove got it right , with a few caveats, so we rated his statement Mostly True. We also learned which former president's ratings were the most like Obama's. Hint: It's not a Democrat! Read our complete item for details.
See item for sources.
Researchers: Louis Jacobson
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to email@example.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag