More on Moore
By Bill Adair
Published on Friday, October 2nd, 2009 at 6:21 p.m.
We continue our examination of Michael Moore and his new film, Capitalism: A Love Story :
• A 90 percent top tax rate. Moore says in the film that the top tax rate for the richest Americans when he was growing up was 90 percent. We found that was the marginal rate back then and rated it Mostly True.
• Growing youth support for socialism? In the film, Moore suggests that the Joe the Plumber episode, which led to criticism that Barack Obama would pursue socialism, actually increased support for socialism among young people by Election Day. We rated that False.
See Truth-O-Meter items.
Researchers: Bill Adair
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag