Health care reform group is wrong again
By Louis Jacobson
Published on Friday, September 18th, 2009 at 6:12 p.m.
Earlier this week we examined a new ad by Health Care for America Now, a group supporting the Democrats' reform plan.
The ad earned a Barely True for its claim that insurance companies pay CEOs $24 million per year.
Now, we're checking another claim from the same ad, that health insurance companies deny one in five treatments prescribed by doctors. The group cited a California study, but when we did some digging, we found that wasn't the case. We rated it False .
See Truth-O-Meter items.
Researchers: Louis Jacobson
Names in this article: Health Care for America Now
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag