Can Boehner allow hats on the House floor?
By Bill Adair
Published on Monday, November 22nd, 2010 at 8:58 a.m.
Frederica Wilson, a South Florida Democrat known for her massive collection of fancy hats, got elected to Congress three weeks ago. But as she prepares to join the 112th Congress, her fashion statement has collided with rules dating to the 1800s that prohibit hats on the House floor.
She says incoming Speaker John Boehner can waive the rules. PolitiFact Florida checked the facts.
See Truth-O-Meter item
Researchers: Bill Adair
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag