It's Promise Week!
By Bill Adair
Published on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 at 10:58 a.m.
You've heard of Shark Week, Fashion Week and Biker Week. We're declaring this Promise Week and publishing updates to the Obameter and the GOP Pledge-O-Meter.
We've posted several promises that we have either rated for the first time or have updated. So far, we've updated President Barack Obama's promises to create clean coal partnerships, to mandate insurance coverage of autism, to create a community college partnership program and to organize a successful nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty Review conference.
Meanwhile, on the GOP front, we've rated promises to keep detainees at Guantanamo Bay, to allow the purchase of health insurance across state lines and to increase access to domestic energy sources.
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag