Introducing PolitiFact Tennessee, our 10th state
By Bill Adair
Published on Monday, January 16th, 2012 at 10:47 a.m.
The Truth-O-Meter is now in Tennessee.
The Memphis Commercial Appeal and the Knoxville News Sentinel have launched PolitiFact Tennessee, our 10th state partnership.
The joint effort of the two E.W. Scripps newspaper is led by Zack McMillin in Memphis and includes reporters Steve Ahillen in Knoxville; Richard Locker and Tom Humphrey in Nashville; and Bart Sullivan and Michael Collins in Washington.
Tennessee joins PolitiFact partners in Florida, Texas, Georgia, Rhode Island, Ohio, Wisconsin, Oregon, New Jersey and Virginia.
Our national staff and state partners have dedicated the equivalent of 35 full-time journalists to fact-checking and have published more than 4,800 Truth-O-Meter articles.
See Truth-O-Meter items.
Researchers: Bill Adair
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to email@example.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag