Help us choose PolitiFact's Lie of the Year
By Bill Adair
Published on Monday, November 26th, 2012 at 10:23 a.m.
It's time to choose the Lie of the Year -- and we'd like your help.
As we’ve done for the past three years, we will be selecting the year's most significant falsehood. We have begun putting together a list of contenders and would love to hear your suggestions before we unveil the list of finalists.
You can email your suggestions to email@example.com or tweet them to us @PolitiFact.
We’ll announce our finalists in about a week.
See our fact-checks for sources.
Researchers: Bill Adair
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag