Stand up for facts and support PolitiFact.
Now is your chance to go on the record as supporting trusted, factual information by joining PolitiFact’s Truth Squad. Contributions or gifts to PolitiFact, which is part of the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Poynter Institute, are tax deductible.
I would like to contribute
The 508 promises included in our Obameter include some really obscure pledges that are so deep in the weeds only a wonk can appreciate them. As we wrap up our ratings of President Obama's 2008 promises, here are some of the really obscure ones:
1. Support regional innovation clusters — Promise Kept
2. Set goals and timetables for implementing Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act — Promise Kept
3. Increase funding for programs that conserve lands and habitat for select species such as the Osceola turkey — Promise Kept
4. Attract foreign art talent — Compromise
5. Create a Social Investment Fund Network — Promise Kept
6. Amend the Medicare "homebound" rule to allow some travel without loss of benefits — Promise Broken
7. Launch an international Add Value to Agriculture Initiative (AVTA) — Promise Kept
8. Sign the Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Families Act — Compromise
9. Double federal program to help "reverse" commuters who go from city to suburbs — Promise Broken
10. Seek code of conduct for space-faring nations — Compromise
See Obameter items.