None from District of Columbia
Bill Bennett is former Education Secretary, drug czar and head of the National Endowment for the Humanities under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush He is currently a political commentator for CNN.
Recent statements involving Bill Bennett
"Four percent of American citizens are black males, but they are 35 percent of murder victims."
Recent stories featuring Bill Bennett
Pundits are talking after last week's arrest of African-American scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. We check their facts.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag