Democrat from New York
a Democratic member of the U.S. House of Representatives representing a district in New York.
Recent statements involving Carolyn Maloney
Democratic presidents "have been considerably more effective at creating private-sector jobs."
Recent stories featuring Carolyn Maloney
Rhetoric during the 2010 campaign season was so filled with falsehoods and exaggerations that we rated the entire election Barely True. But the year also had its share of true statements. Here are five that surprised us for being correct.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag