Democrat from Arizona
Gabrielle Giffords is a former Democratic U.S. Representative from a district in Arizona. She was seriously wounded in an assassination attempt in Tucson, Ariz., on Jan. 8, 2011, and has since become a leading advocate for preventing gun violence.
Recent statements involving Gabrielle Giffords
Recent stories featuring Gabrielle Giffords
U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) went up against the Truth-O-Meter eight times on topics ranging from Amtrak funding to national healthcare and gun-control measures
New Jersey's senior senator announced Thursday that he would not seek re-election to a sixth term in 2014
Did she really say that the military should stab or club the enemy "in order to minimize the carbon output"? Only in a satirist's mind.
Email comments and suggestions for fact-checks to email@example.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. (If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.)
We're especially interested in any chain emails or social media memes that you would like us to check out.
Keep up to date with Politifact :
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag