Democrat from Arizona
Gabrielle Giffords is a former Democratic U.S. Representative from a district in Arizona. She was seriously wounded in an assassination attempt in Tucson, Ariz., on Jan. 8, 2011, and has since become a leading advocate for preventing gun violence.
Recent statements involving Gabrielle Giffords
Recent stories featuring Gabrielle Giffords
New Jersey's senior senator announced Thursday that he would not seek re-election to a sixth term in 2014
Did she really say that the military should stab or club the enemy "in order to minimize the carbon output"? Only in a satirist's mind.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag