None from Texas
J. James Rohack is a cardiologist and served from 2009 to 2010 as the president of the American Medical Association, the leading group that represents physicians in the United States.
Recent statements involving J. James Rohack
Pregnant women trying to buy health insurance on their own are barred from maternity coverage because they have a "pre-existing condition."
Recent stories featuring J. James Rohack
The AMA president says insurers in the individual market call pregnancy a pre-existing condition. He's right.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag