Democrat from California
Jerry Brown is the governor of California. A Democrat, he earlier served as governor of California from 1975 to 1983.
Recent statements involving Jerry Brown
California's credit rating is "the worst in the country."
Recent stories featuring Jerry Brown
A Sacramento Bee editorial leveled several criticisms of Texas. We rated most of them True or Mostly True.
Most campaign ads this year pummeled viewers into submission -- or apathy. But a few didn't. Here are eight that changed the trajectory of their races.
We put ads from the Golden State races to the test on our Truth-O-Meter.
We want to hear your suggestions and comments.
For tips or comments on our Obameter and our GOP-Pledge-O-Meter promise databases, please e-mail the Obameter. If you are commenting on a specific promise, please include the wording of the promise.For comments about our Truth-O-Meter or Flip-O-Meter items, please e-mail the Truth-O-Meter. We’re especially interested in seeing any chain e-mails you receive that you would like us to check out. If you send us a comment, we'll assume you don't mind us publishing it unless you tell us otherwise.
Keep up to date with Politifact:
- Sign up for our e-mail (about once a week)
- Put a free PolitiFact widget on your blog or Web page
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Truth-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on GOP Pledge-O-Meter items
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds on Obameter items
- Advertise on PolitiFact
- Shop the PolitiFact store for T-shirts, hats and other PolitiFact swag